Qwel – Flat Tiles are flat sheets which will sit above the grid. These are useful for cutting to any partial panel size around your room perimeters during installation, or to provide clearance for sprinklers and sensors. Drop in compatible with standard 24” square hanging grids. For new construction, Qwel gives a designer visual choices to transform a grid system in three dimensions. As replacements, previous tiles can stay in place with Qwel simply being installed underneath. Tiles are 100% non-woven PET fibers. Up to 50% of the material is recycled content. The design, raw material, and manufacturing are domestic from Indiana.
Product Dimensions: 23.75″ x 23.75″ x 0.20″
Package Dimensions: 25.375″ x 25.375″ x 4.375″
Quantity per Pack: 10 Tiles (40 Sq. Ft.)
Qwel tiles have significant benefits over traditional alternatives:
- Flexible and non-breakable. Unlike mineral fiber tiles, these won’t break or drop dust during shipping and installation. The tiles can be bent while lifting above the grid for ease of installation.
- Mold and mildew resistant. Ideal for healthcare, restaurants, and other cleanliness-sensitive environments.
- Stain resistant and washable. If water or iron stains develop, the tiles do not need replacement. Simply remove and wash with water. Return to service and tiles will dry. Occupants enjoy a visually cleaner environment with facility maintenance not needing to stock dissimilar tiles for replacement.
- Sound damping. The simple flat surface tiles achieve an NRC of .75. Shapes perform even better.
- Aesthetically pleasing. The heathering and color choices beautifully complement interior designs.
- Recycled content. PET is one of the most easily recycled plastics. Up to 50% of the raw material is from recycled content (most commonly from clear water bottles.)
- Sustainability: Certified Clean Air Gold
- Made in U.S.A.
Note: Flat panels are required for perimeter rows and sprinkler heads or other ceiling-mounted equipment.